Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ebay Store: My New Plan

I actually had an ebay store for four or five years; but now that I've started selling again, I've decided to forego that option. Although I did fine with a store, the fees have gotten so high while the visibility has gotten worse. Ebay shows little respect to stores and it's believed that it's because ebay wants to push smaller sellers out in their quest to become more like Amazon.

So, this time around, I've decided to use what would be my store fees towards auctions and fixed price listings. Fixed price listings can run for 30 days and so it works out well for me and the types of things I sell. Now, if I were selling more one of a kind things, 7 day auctions are usually the way I'd go with that.

I sell mostly magnets, bookmarks, checkbook covers, etc. Now, I'm trying to move more into theme party items as I am trying to start a party planning business. Hopefully, by next spring I will be successful enough with that, that I can completely leave ebay for good.

No comments: